[p4] Perforce Install on Synology DiskStation

Brian D perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri May 3 07:55:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Brian D'.

I recently purchased a Synology DS413j DiskStation with the expectation that I
could install the Perforce server based on a few factors: the DiskStation
Manager (DSM) is linux 2.6 based, there is an ARM compiled p4d and p4 available,
and a few posts from individuals on the Synology forums stated they've
done.  However, they didn't post any instructions.

It's been a while since I've tinkered with Linux and the DSM is modified
just enough that I'm not comfortable winging it with a manual
install.  They have a DSM specific package installer and it can be
used for 3rd party applications, but I don't know what I'm doing
yet.  (Time is a limited commodity for me and getting my Perforce
server back up is a higher priority).

Anywho... my reason for my post is to see if anyone has installed the Perforce
server on a DiskStation or created a 3rd party Preforce package to install it
using the DSM package manager.

Thanks,
Brian

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2524-perforce-install-on-synology-diskstation