[p4] p4 checkout still leaves file as read-only under Cygwin

P4Matt perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue May 7 09:55:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Matt'.

The only option in Perforce to override the permissions would be via a force
sync. I'm not all that knowledgable about Cygwin behavior, but I find it odd
that  there could be a version of locking in Cygwin that wouldn't
play well with the rest of Windows. If you have support it might be good to
engage with them; they can do some deep debugging that might turn up the issue.
I did a search of our KB and our defect tracker and didn't see any
references to the Cygwin client causing problems for the standard Windows
clients.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2526-p4-checkout-still-leaves-file-as-read-only-under-cygwin