[p4] Problems getting LDAP Active Directory Authentication working

Matt Janulewicz Matt.Janulewicz at lucasfilm.com
Tue May 7 10:58:23 PDT 2013

Also, what version of P4 on the server? There was a time not so long ago where passwords were limited to 16 characters, and you'd get this kind of error if someone had a longer password. It was recently fixed though I don't recall exactly where the cutoff was, version-wise.

Might consider actually printing the $result->code so you know what it is.

We use a modified version of this script and our error section at the end has all this in it, just to be sure everything is being passed in correctly:

if ($login_success eq "FALSE") {
	print "LDAP bind failure! Did you type your network password correctly?\n";
	print "Result code: ";
	print $result->code;
	print "\n";
	print "Domain: $domain\n";