[p4] p4v hangs when connection drops

gsb perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri May 17 07:50:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'gsb'.

I use p4v visual client (NTX86/2013.1/661291) over a VPN
connection.  I notice that when my vpn connection drops unexpectedly
after idle timeout, my p4v client will show a animated status bar in the lower
right. I'm not able the cancel the operation nor initiate any other
actions.  All things are grayed-out disabled.  I cannot even
exit the application.  I have to use Task Manager to kill p4v
process.  Annoying.
-G

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2545-p4v-hangs-when-connection-drops