[p4] Merge preview shows 10 integrations but merge results in empty changelist

Tracey Bogue perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu May 30 13:30:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Tracey Bogue'.

I did a few more tests. Even the integration of a specific file via P4V did not
work. The integration was shown in the merge preview, but nothing happened on
the actual merge. I then tried a 'p4 merge' command to rebase the
stream, and that succeeded - the changes were successfully populated in the
workspace changelist. So, it is definitely something strange in P4V. The
developer indicated that the first time he tried a rebase, he had various files
checked out in his workspace and there were some conflicts. It seems like that
got P4V into a bad state. Any idea why this would also impact a new workspace?

Thanks,

   -tracey

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2560-merge-preview-shows-10-integrations-but-merge-results-in-empty-changelist