[p4] P4DTG and multiple Redmine projects

P4Nick perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri May 31 03:20:01 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Nick'.

The DTG_MAPID is a reference to the gateway mapping; it ensures that if you have
overlapping gateway mappings that they won't interfere with each other.

In a simple environment a single gateway mapping will be associated with a
single segment, but the segment may be associated with more than one options in
the select. For example, you may have two projects in Perforce that are parts of
a larger project as defined in your defect tracker.

As for chillproject, it's not something I've encountered before. I can
quite believe that the plug-in would not cope well if the journal tables have
been modified; it has to write its own history when it makes changes because
Redmine wont detect them.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/1588-p4dtg-and-multiple-redmine-projects