[p4] Client map too twisted for directory list

David Yerkess perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Sun Apr 5 10:40:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'David Yerkess'.

I tried to pinpoint when the problem occurs, but it is rather difficult.
Importing from other depots I don't seem to be able to recreate it.
The problem seems to be this particular local depot which contains three
branches: dev, main and rel.

Two tests changing the import:

import Tools/Akane/... //Tools/Rel/Akane/... S:\Test_StreamDepot>p4 dirs
* .p4config - no such file(s). .p4ignore - no such file(s).
//Test_StreamDepot/main/Build //Test_StreamDepot/main/Documents
//Test_StreamDepot/main/Source //Test_StreamDepot/main/SrcRef Client map too
twisted for directory list.
import Akane/... //Tools/Rel/Akane/... S:\Test_StreamDepot>p4 dirs *
.p4config - no such file(s). .p4ignore - no such file(s). //Tools/Rel/Akane
//Test_StreamDepot/main/Build //Test_StreamDepot/main/Documents
//Test_StreamDepot/main/Source //Test_StreamDepot/main/SrcRef
In these tests I'm importing the same files, but one case has the problem
and the other doesn't.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/2843-client-map-too-twisted-for-directory-list