[p4] How to unshelve using branch mapping?

Rabih perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Apr 6 07:35:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Rabih'.

@solarnoise Your problem is related to not creating a new branch mapping between
your versions.
it is not enough to change your p4 client by editing your current workspace and
putting //depot/x/... //depot/y/...
You will need to go to File -> branchMapping and create a new mapping that
you can grant a name.

once you try unshelving the files using branch mapping, you will have the option
to choose the branch mapping that you have created.

branch mapping doc:
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/manuals/p4v/Managing_branch_specifications.html

I went through the same thing when trying to validated the unshelving into other
branches, until i used the branch mapping (that by the way we do not use at our
company at all  :) )

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/3135-how-to-unshelve-using-branch-mapping