[p4] Will p4 ticket be invalid after replacing p4d with a p4broker at same port?

gsb perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Apr 6 13:45:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'gsb'.

I'm planning to move our "perforce:1666" Perforce p4d instance to
a new host with ssl enabled as "ssl:perforce10:1666".  I
will then bring up a p4broker on the existing host at "perforce:1666"
which will redirect to the p4d instance on the new host at
"ssl:perforce10:1666".

Q:  Will this invalidate all p4 tickets for "perforce:1666"
since the backend p4d instance is now running with ssl on a different host?

-G

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4009-will-p4-ticket-be-invalid-after-replacing-p4d-with-a-p4broker-at-same-port