[p4] "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" - Windows

Griffin perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Apr 7 14:20:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Griffin'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=17088]
P4Sam, on 2015/04/07 18:57:59 UTC, said:
>    You can use a client view to translate paths, but if all clients have the same view they'll have the same local paths (relative to the root); there isn't any platform-specific translation by default.

I've tentatively just recommended this person hide them from her view. I
don't think she needs them, and I'm very wary of the renaming you
suggest.

But I also know that there are times Perforce % encodes characters, although
perhaps only on the server.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4011-the-filename-directory-name-or-volume-label-syntax-is-incorrect-windows