[p4] P4 at remote locations: Inquiring your experience on Proxy vs. Replication vs. Commit-Tier Architecture?

James M Nguyen jamesmn at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 15:11:57 PDT 2015

Hello Perforce Administrators and Users,
I am working on setting up Perforce servers for 3 - 4 remote locations at my company and would like to hear your actual experience, feedback, and technical challenges. The Proxy method seems to be the simplest one to get it up running; however, I'm looking at long term and exploring the other methods. Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.
1) Proxy
2) Replication
3) Commit-Tier Architecture
4) Helix Cloud (brand new)