[p4] p4 annotate can't trace up to origin

Gabor Maghera perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Apr 13 12:25:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Gabor Maghera'.

I've run into this issue via P4V's Time Lapse view with the "Show
originating changelist information" option enabled (which I think
corresponds to annotate -I).  It's rare, but in some instances the
algorithm cannot find the original, with some really old
changes.  Support advised that it has its limitations with
depth.  It works great most of the time though.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/3964-p4-annotate-cant-trace-up-to-origin