[p4] Can minClient be made a warning?

Andrew DeFaria perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Apr 14 12:25:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Andrew DeFaria'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=16953]
P4Shimada, on 2015/03/24 22:25:08 UTC, said:
>    Hi Andrew,
>
>   Yes, by using the broker you can do that and for the  action  use either 'PASS' (Runs the user's command) with a message or 'RESPOND' (Does not run the command; returns an informational message. Not available every p4broker version).
>
>   The KB article 'How to force users to upgrade their client software' has a broker example of how to do it.
Thanks but we don't use broker and setting it up seems like a lot of
overhead for this simple function.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/3984-can-minclient-be-made-a-warning