[p4] Stopping notepad popup of tmp files while running change and other commands.

P4Sam perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu Apr 16 07:25:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Sam'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=17190]
raysid, on 2015/04/16 12:02:18 UTC, said:
>    Hi P4Sam.
>
>   As told by you in your post that  " if you had open files those will present problems (you probably don't want to just get rid of them by running "p4 revert") " ,  I found that files are open and I don't want to get rid of them by running "P4 revert".
>
>   As per terminals suggestion when p4 client -s -S XYZ is run, it says  " Client 'XYZ' has files opened; use -f to force switch. " can be used.  :blink:
>
>   So would u tell a solution in this case !!

It depends -- what do you want to do with the files if not revert
them?  Right now they have edits that have not yet been submitted to
the depot, and they're sitting on your local machine in the spot where
you're about to try to put files from a different stream.  What do
you want the final outcome to be?  Once we know that we can come up
with the sequence of commands that will get you there.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4015-stopping-notepad-popup-of-tmp-files-while-running-change-and-other-commands