[p4] Solution file not being initialised correctly by P4VS on load

P4Shimada perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu Apr 16 10:40:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Shimada'.

Hi Warbands,

I saw your post also on the msdn P4VS gallery page.
To help alleviate this pain, has anyone tried the new 'Lazy Load'
feature?

It was introduced in the version 2015.1 of P4VS. This feature is turned on/off
via the menu Tools -> Options -> Source Control -> Perforce General.
The "Lazy Load" feature was designed to cut down load time and general
performance on large projects and/or slow connections.

The doc also describes the feature here:

http://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r15.1/doc/manuals/p4vs/intro.preferences.html#intro.preferences.general.files

The P4VS release notes mention it here under New functionality in 2015.1,
1020819 (Bug 77607) *:

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/user/p4vsnotes.txt

Please let us know if this helps resolve your issue. Our development team would
like to help and get your feedback.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4012-solution-file-not-being-initialised-correctly-by-p4vs-on-load