[p4] Return focus to terminal session after invoking P4Merge from command line

Gabor Maghera perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Apr 17 11:30:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Gabor Maghera'.

I prefer to use the command line client for most of my Perforce work, but when
resolving integrations P4Merge is very helpful.  I'm using the
recommendation in   a kb article
[http://answers.perforce.com/articles/KB/2848/?q=merging+from+a+dev+to+release+stream&l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle]
to bridge the P4 client with P4Merge.  It works very well, but when I
exit P4Merge, I have to manually switch back to the terminal to resume my p4
work.  For P4EDITOR I'm using something (specific to MacVim) which
automates the switching back to the terminal:

P4EDITOR=mvim -f --nomru -c "au VimLeave * !open -a iTerm"

Does anyone know of a way to do this with P4Merge?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4034-return-focus-to-terminal-session-after-invoking-p4merge-from-command-line