[p4] p4v sync -f failing with unable to create a file that has been removed from repository

pjmat1 perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Apr 20 22:00:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'pjmat1'.

Hi There,

We have found that turning off the -f in the sync means everything is OK again
(FYI: In this GO Server this is "Clean Directory"). The changelist is
the most recent changes but there must be something in the -f that is looking
through old data maybe. Is there a way we can work out why p4v thinks it needs
to get that file given it is not in the repository (anymore)?

Changing the directory would be a more drastic approach (we have many build
agents that would all need to be changed).

Appreciate your help on this.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4036-p4v-sync-f-failing-with-unable-to-create-a-file-that-has-been-removed-from-repository