[p4] p4v sync -f failing with unable to create a file that has been removed from repository

Patrick B perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Apr 21 11:15:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Patrick B'.

Exactly, it requires a change on every single client call everywhere or in every
config file anywhere on all machines and all paths.  Windows supports
long filenames.  Why this would be a config option you would have to
set as opposed go just a 'I'm on at least version X of windows - we
support it..'

The syncing behavior isn't something I control.  The CI server
forces a sync -f in many cases.  Perforce failing because it can't
delete a file it refuses to even allow itself to delete, and thus would have
refused itself to even sync is... 'frustrating'.  That the
file doesn't even exist locally in the first place is just a second slap in
the face.  :)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4036-p4v-sync-f-failing-with-unable-to-create-a-file-that-has-been-removed-from-repository