[p4] How to install p4v on Linux

Andrew DeFaria perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Apr 21 12:55:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Andrew DeFaria'.

How do you install p4v on Linux? I mean I've seen the procedure to untar a
tarball and place things in /usr/local/bin. But I also know of
http://package.perforce.com/yum/rhel/6/x86_64/  and see that I can install
things into CentOS with ease but there's no p4v. Why not?

Also when installing using yum(1m) I get /usr/bin/p4. That's good. But prior
installs using a tarball method always tells you to install in /usr/local/bin.
So now I have some machines with /usr/bin/p4 and others with /usr/local/bin/p4.

Please package p4v.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4038-how-to-install-p4v-on-linux