[p4] How to install p4v on Linux

P4Shimada perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Apr 21 13:25:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Shimada'.

Typically when I install P4V on my linux machine, I download it from here:

ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r14.3/bin.linux26x86_64/p4v.tgz
[ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r14.3/bin.linux26x86_64/p4v.tgz]

Then I move the p4v.tgz file into my folder /home/user/p4bin/p4v where I like to
keep all my instances. Then I run:

tar -zxvf p4v.tgz
Next I make a launcher short-cut on my desktop to the p4v binary executable from
inside the unzipped p4v folder.

Are you asking for an enhancement request for an installer package on linux for
P4V? (Just want to make sure I understand you clearly.)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4038-how-to-install-p4v-on-linux