[p4] Alt F X Shortcut no longer works to exit

joncombe perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Apr 24 04:00:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'joncombe'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=17260]
P4Shimada, on 2015/04/23 23:43:27 UTC, said:
>    Hi Jon,
>
>   Thank you for reporting this issue.  Can you please give us the full version of your P4V? For example, Help -> System Info -> P4V Version.
>     Yes, it's P4V version: Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2014.3/998867

>    Back in the P4V 2007.3 version, the release notes stated
>
>      http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/user/p4vnotes.txt
>   #136474 *
>   The key sequence for closing a window on Windows and Unix now uses
>   the standard Alt+F4 arrangement; it used to be CTRL+F4.
>   (Bug #26573)

Yes essentially, there are two shortcuts, the one I'm using is for the full
down menus. So Alt+F is supposed to open the file menu (it does), which is what
the underline on the F means and X is then meant to exit (as x is underlined in
the text exit), but this doesn't work any more.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4037-alt-f-x-shortcut-no-longer-works-to-exit