[p4] Find File has no effect

P4Shimada perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu Apr 30 13:35:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Shimada'.

Hello,

Thank you for sending your full P4V version details right away.  Sorry
to hear you are having difficulty with the P4V 'Find File' feature.

I tested and was able able to use the feature fine. I used a Windows 7 machine
with P4V version: Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2014.3/1007540
Here are my steps:

1] Selected the 'Depot' tab. Selected menu Search -> Find File
2] On the Find File tab, under 'Search in:' I have 'Path' from
the drop-down box and then the path '//depot/' .
    Under 'Name matches any of the following:' I
selected 'contains' from the drop-down box and then the string
'baz' in the adjacent edit box.
    I left 'Submission date or changelist' area
blank. The check-box is not selected for 'Include deleted depot files'
3] I clicked the 'Find' button.
4] The search results show up at the bottom with the 'baz.txt' file I
looked for, along with the folder it is in.

I repeated these steps, changing my search string looking for a
'build.xml' in 'All Depots' and even just '//depot/' and
each time it found all occurrences.

You can compare or send me your exact steps so we can trouble-shoot further the
issue.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4051-find-file-has-no-effect