[p4] Clone new client from old client

sean_munson perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu May 7 13:15:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'sean_munson'.

Shimanda :

a] P4D/NTX64/2010.2/503309 (2012/07/31)

b] I Copied (using the File OS copy process) the inetpub directory of Machine A
to Machine B. (clients svr-A, svr-B in p4)

In short , I probably should have used p4 to build the directory structure but
there are a large number of data files not under Source control. Additionally, I
have some files which are not at the last version, but some rolled-back previous
version.

c] Now, all the file records for svr-B in perforce are zero (for example :
#0/5). I would love to be able to tell svr-B that it should assume all the files
are the same version as svr-A (for now ... we expect to add more files)....

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4068-clone-new-client-from-old-client