[p4] Return focus to terminal session after invoking P4Merge from command line

Gabor Maghera perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu May 7 16:45:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Gabor Maghera'.

With your suggestion, I was able to get P4MERGE to work without the
"shim":

P4MERGE=open -W -n -a P4Merge --args $*

Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem still.  With both
approaches (using the shim, or using the open command), focus is not returned to
the original application, my terminal, if it is in full screen
mode.  Maybe this is an issue with OS X apps running full screen in
general.

In any case, this alternate solution you lead me to is simpler than the shim
approach I was using before.  Thank you, Shimada!

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4034-return-focus-to-terminal-session-after-invoking-p4merge-from-command-line