[p4] Solution file not being initialised correctly by P4VS on load

jamesh perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon May 11 03:05:02 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'jamesh'.

Just thought I'd mention that I've updated to the latest version P4VS
(2015.1.105.4164), and I still see this issue. I've also noticed that some
other members of the team appear to have the same problem. However, at least one
of them does not (that's with the same version of P4VS). I find it
particularly intriguing that it tries to add the file during the load of the
solution before failing.

HOWEVER

Whilst typing this post, I thought I'd see what would happen if I followed
the commands in the first post that P4VS is doing, using the command line tool.
I noticed this in the fstat line:

<snip>
... clientFile I:/Workspace\bt\binutils\dev\binutils.sln
<snip>

That first slash being in the wrong direction was annoying me, so I switched its
direction in the workspace root to a more Windows-y style one. I then open
Perforce and suddenly bam! it now works! No more blue question mark!
Switch it back to the original direction again, and it's suddenly causing
problems again.

For reference, I asked my colleague, whose workspace started something like:
C:\Users\... to try C:/Users\... and it didn't produce the same issue.

I now have my local fix, but I expect that there are others with this issue as
well, so hopefully this will provide you with enough information to reproduce
the issue.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4012-solution-file-not-being-initialised-correctly-by-p4vs-on-load