[p4] Copying a Revision of a file to a new location in the client workspace.

raysid perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue May 12 03:05:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'raysid'.

Hi.

Consider a situation, where i have a file at
C:\users\user1\clientworkspace1\folder1\hello.c. Say it
has got 6 revisions available. What i need is, I want to copy say the 4th
revision of file hello.c  to a new location without updating (i.e.
syncing) to the latest copy of hello.c. So I may need to keep this 4th copy at
say
C:\users\user1\clientworkspace1\folder1\Revisions\hello.c
where hello.c is the 4th revision in Revisions folder. Do i need to do any
branching for this as i just need a copy of 4th revision to be placed at my
revisions folder. There is no need to make a revisions folder at the depot.
I need to attain this by running a .bat file in windows.

Please provide a solution.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4077-copying-a-revision-of-a-file-to-a-new-location-in-the-client-workspace