[p4] fstat -F (filter)

shalliday perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue May 12 07:45:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'shalliday'.

OK, I did get it to kind of work by limiting the file spec
(//EAOS_SB/...#>have,#head), but I don't understand why I would need to
do that if I used the -e option?  Why is it scanning so many
rows?  Shouldn't it be limited to the items in the pending
changelist?  Limiting the file spec is not going to work in our case
because it could be any file in the depot that is checked out.  Also,
it is really fast to see all the items in a change list if I just use -e
<num> ... so clearly it does not always scan all the rows and does use the
-e to limit the search.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4076-fstat-f-filter