[p4] Copying a Revision of a file to a new location in the client workspace.

P4Sam perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue May 12 09:45:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'P4Sam'.

The command you want is:

p4 print -o [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial,
sans-serif]C:\users\user1\clientworkspace1\folder1\Revisions\hello.c
[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica,
arial,
sans-serif]C:\users\user1\clientworkspace1\folder1\hello.c#4[/font][/color]

I'll echo Jen's caution about using .p4ignore (or a client view
exclusion) so you don't end up adding this folder back to the depot and her
curiosity about why you're doing this.  We have version control
systems precisely so that we don't need to do things like keep old versions
in a folder.   :)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4077-copying-a-revision-of-a-file-to-a-new-location-in-the-client-workspace