[p4] merge or rebase with DVCS

Kei Son perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed May 20 22:45:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Kei Son'.

Oh, wait. I completely wrong. I'd like to make the question correctly:

Let's say there is a repository A at shared server:

1. Clone into my localhost
2. Create a stream B from A to fix things
3. Submit three changes that meanings I have a history in my local server
4. Merge it into A
5. Push
6. Delete stream B because it has done with its purpose

In this situation, I have no history of my changes, but only a message like
"merged from B" something like that. Right? I want to know there is a
way I can keep my history alive through a merging case like Git does.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4101-merge-or-rebase-with-dvcs