[p4] DVCS local DB corruption with network disconnection

Kei Son perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed May 20 23:00:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Kei Son'.

Background story...

I had a local server with small "DepotMap" from shared server for
evaluating DVCS feature. It worked perfectly, so I thought, let's expand
DepotMap to do more real work! Expanding or shrinking depotmap after cloning
has worked well before, so I edited it by "p4 remote origin" and did
"p4 fetch".

Processing...

It takes long time. I can wait with patient, but there is a network
disconnection when I was out of office.

Problem...

When I hit p4 fetch again, it says:
Can't fetch while files are open. Revert or submit the files first, then run
fetch.
I did - p4 revert, got lines that successfully reverting many of the files. Then
p4 fetch says same as above. At this time p4 revert notice errors like
Librarian digest xxxx failed. Error opening librarian file xxxx revision . RCS
checkout failed! RCS no such revision ! ....
Solving...

I can purge my local server out now. But what is suggested with this scenario?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4103-dvcs-local-db-corruption-with-network-disconnection