[p4] Restrict creating jobs for general users

amolode perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue May 26 05:05:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'amolode'.

Hi,
We are working on integration our JIRA bug tracking system with Perforce. Our
working flow demands that jobs in Perforce would be created by some specific
process triggered by JIRA only. So general Perforce users must be restricted to
create new jobs. Moreover, they must be unable to manually change any job fields
since JIRA is responsible for changing statuses, severity, assignment etc.
So how it can be achieved that only one process and a user associated with it
can create new jobs and that no general user is able to modify any job fields?

Thanks in advance,
Alexander Molodetsky

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4109-restrict-creating-jobs-for-general-users