[p4] Restrict creating jobs for general users

amolode perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed May 27 01:00:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'amolode'.

Thanks you all for replies and references. I wanted to avoid triggers in this
case but apparently this is the only solution. The problem with form triggers is
that they are server-wide and do not allow configuration per depot or project.
And it would be more natural if, in case of read-only jobs, their fields were
displayed in grey in P4V and Edit button was inactive.
In my optinion a trigger is worse than configurable parameters but we should use
what we have in hand  :)

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4109-restrict-creating-jobs-for-general-users