[p4] dvcs with multiple remote

Kei Son perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri May 29 21:15:01 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Kei Son'.

Let's say I have two remote spec in my local server.

The one is `origin` which is mapped to contain my source code and the other one
is `origin2` which have binary files. First one needs to be with, full history,
but `origin2` doesn't need to come with full history, because it is just
assets to run my application. Artists may need to have full history, but not on
me.

So I did;

p4 fetch -r origin p4 fetch -r origin -m 1
It works well as I expected.

So what I curious is, can I take this as normal practice to fit my need? Or bad
or not defined pattern?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4126-dvcs-with-multiple-remote