[p4] Shelve command on large changelists gets stuck

CarolineB perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Aug 8 04:45:01 PDT 2016

Posted on behalf of forum user 'CarolineB'.

Hi

There might be a good set of reasons for that  :)

My first piece of advice would be to consider how you use shelves. May I ask why
you want to shelve it? Why not using a stream dedicated to merging your
branches, and keep the info in that stream, without shelving? Shelve, for me, is
more intended for a short-term backup of a limited set of modifications...

Are you working in a distributed environment, with autopromoted shelves?

Does it depend on the size of your files, or on the number? What if you have
1000+ small files against 1000+ big files?

How do you proceed for shelving your files?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4871-shelve-command-on-large-changelists-gets-stuck