[p4] Files move between changelists mysteriously

Katia Hage perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Aug 22 14:00:01 PDT 2016

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Katia Hage'.

I looked at my Perforce log view, and these are the commands that were executed
for the changelist submission in which one file moved (it says 10 files added
but it should be 11 files added. That one missing file mysteriously moved to
another changelist, most likely prior to checkin as I've seen files move
before.)

p4 submit --parallel=0 -f submitunchanged -i
    Submitted change nnnnnnnn
    10 files added
    1 file edited
p4 change -i
[There are a few submits and one shelve commands before that]

I wanted to add that several of my coworkers have encountered the same issue of
files jumping to another changelist without them knowing. Most of us are using
the latest P4V Windows client ( NTX64/2015.2/1312139).  Has anyone else
encountered this issue or can Perforce comment on whether there is a known issue
about this?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4910-files-move-between-changelists-mysteriously