[p4] User authentication issue

JPascalTPE perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu Aug 25 20:30:01 PDT 2016

Posted on behalf of forum user 'JPascalTPE'.

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for your kind help, I really appreciate it.

I don't think it's a network connection issue. I think it's more a
ticket expiring thing. We did not set any timeout value, so I assume it's
the default 12hrs one.

To be able to login again, they have to rename or delete their C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\p4tickets.txt file.

Then, when they enter their password multiple times, they get "A password
is required for this user. Missing or invalid password.".

I asked one of the user to try "p4 login -s", and he got "Unicode
clients require a unicode enabled server."

   => That particular user set his Perforce client to UTF8, not
sure about the others.

I also moved the server to security level 2 instead of 3, hoping it would not
use tickets anymore, but they still have this connection issue.

Should I convert the server to UTF8?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4915-user-authentication-issue