[p4] User authentication issue

JPascalTPE perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Aug 26 20:30:01 PDT 2016

Posted on behalf of forum user 'JPascalTPE'.

Hi Sam,

I think I found why we had this issue.

Our server had 2 DNS entries (perforce.company.com and perforce.company.local),
so in the p4tickets.txt file, there were 2 entries - one for each host name,
which apparently did not suit the client/server relationship.

Once I kept only one DNS record (only one host name), the ticket is clean, and
users only have to enter their credentials once.

I'm touching some wood right now, but i think we're all good!

Cheers, thanks a lot for your kind help!

JP.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4915-user-authentication-issue