[p4] Adding/Removing large amounts of files

TomYeti perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Aug 31 10:00:01 PDT 2016

Posted on behalf of forum user 'TomYeti'.

[http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=20370]
P4Sam, on 2016/08/30 22:43:17 UTC, said:
>    It sounds like you might want to use the "allwrite" workspace option to make everything writable and use the "p4 reconcile" command to open files after you've modified (or added or deleted them).

Ahh, thank you, I did not know about the allwrite option. Previously I was
checking out about 15 gigs of files to make sure everything was able to compile
and that takes a long time

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/4925-addingremoving-large-amounts-of-files