[p4] P4V 2017.1 won't run on Windows 8.1 x64

myocom perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Mar 3 09:30:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'myocom'.

I had that same problem when upgrading from 2015.2 (on Win7
x64).  Repairing didn't work for me either, but completely
uninstalling and doing a clean install of 2017.1 did.  During the
reinstall, though, it complained that it couldn't restore my preferences (or
settings?) file. Dismissing that allowed the install to complete.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5205-p4v-20171-wont-run-on-windows-81-x64