[p4] parallel file transfer must be enabled using net.parallel.max

Sambwise perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Mar 3 16:40:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Sambwise'.

Sounds like P4V wants to do parallel syncing (just makes it sync files faster
basically) but your server isn't set up to allow it. I don't think it
should be complaining to you about it (it should just do what the server allows
and not bother you with the details), so that's worth reporting to Perforce
support as a bug -- they'll want to know what version of the client and what
version of the server you're using.
In the meantime, to work around it I'd imagine you can go into P4V's
preferences and explicitly disable parallel syncing. You could also have your
admin enable the option using the command you got from the error message.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5207-parallel-file-transfer-must-be-enabled-using-netparallelmax