[p4] P4v launch mate-terminal

craigc perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Mar 6 07:05:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'craigc'.

I switched my terminal application to mate-terminal and this caused P4V to not
be able to launch a terminal at all. Any attempt to "Open Terminal Window
Here..." would result in a "Directory does not exist" popup.

I found this KB:

http://answers.perforce.com/articles/KB/1181

It answers how to get gnome-terminal launched and it works for me, but
doesn't address how to launch other terminal applications, such as
mate-terminal.

Does anyone know what 'style' to give to P4V so that it will launch
mate-terminal?  I haven't set any styles for mate-terminal itself,
so I assume I can refer to its default style name; however, I have know idea
what that is.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5213-p4v-launch-mate-terminal