[p4] Reduce HD space

Michael Mirman Michael.Mirman at mathworks.com
Tue Mar 7 07:49:05 PST 2017

The count (S3) starts only after the file type changes. It does not work retroactively (it's against the SCM philosophy).
If you want to remove (physically) old revisions, your only option is obliterate.
https://www.perforce.com/perforce/r16.2/manuals/cmdref/p4_obliterate.html

Some SCM admins philosophically object to this approach. I used to object to it, too, but finally outgrew this feeling. :-)

--
Michael Mirman
MathWorks, Inc.