[p4] Reduce HD space

Matt Janulewicz perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Tue Mar 7 09:55:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Matt Janulewicz'.

"Perforce would happily obliterate anything.  :) "

Please, I can't reiterate enough how important it is to keep this in mind.
Never, ever run 'p4 obliterate -y' without running it without the
'-y' first, then check your work line by line before you pull that
trigger.

And have backups. Lots of backups.

Obliterate is extremely destructive.

And I wouldn't bother rebuilding the whole server. It's easy enough to,
say, 'p4 obliterate //some/file.txt#1,#3' do just ditch the first three
revisions. No problem there.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5209-reduce-hd-space