[p4] P4VS for Visual Studio 2017RC

p4rfong perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Thu Mar 9 11:10:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'p4rfong'.

We are working on Visual Studio 2017, but we don't have a release date
yet.  Below is a possible workaround for the "This extension is
already installed to all applicable products" error, but beware, another
forum user was unsuccessful.

-  Download p4vs11.vsix from our ftp site

-  Rename p4vs11.vsix to p4vs11.zip

-  Double click on the p4vs11.zip file

-  From the p4vs11.zip folder, copy the extension.vsixmanifest file to your
  Desktop

-  Edit your Desktop extension.vsixmanifest file by replacing
  Version="14.0" with Version="15.0"

-  Copy back your modified extension.vsixmanifest file to the p4vs11.zip folder

-  Rename p4vs11.zip to p4vs11.vsix

After double-clicking your modified p4vs11.vsix file, see if the installation of
P4VS works.  Uninstall P4VS if it does not work.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5147-p4vs-for-visual-studio-2017rc