[p4] p4 ldap on CentOS7

vaseer perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Mar 10 04:25:01 PST 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'vaseer'.

Hi p4rfong,

I went ahead and removed the SearchbaseDN and GroupbaseDN and it is now working.
The new ldap config looks like:

Name:   thisdomainldap

Host:   domainoncorp.corp.resolvesok.com

Port:   636

Encryption: ssl

BindMethod: sasl

SearchScope:    subtree

GroupSearchScope:    subtree

What I fail to understand is why those weren't working. The configuration
was exactly the same on the RHEL server, and that one was working without issue.
I'll need to investigate further and see what was wrong with GroupBaseDN and
SearchBaseDN.
For now this is working.
I'll post back if I find out why those aren't working with this server.
Thanks for your help  :)

Kind Regards

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5219-p4-ldap-on-centos7