[p4] Perforce Submit speed

stevescc perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Mon Mar 13 22:50:01 PDT 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'stevescc'.

Hi

We are currently trialing Perforce (Helix Server and P4V) as a solution for
versioning of large projects. When we submit files through P4V we’re noticing
significant speed issues. For example, a 30GB project of 3689 files can copy
directly to our file server (the same one Perforce uses) in roughly 20minutes
(30MBi/s), whereas via Perforce it takes hours (450KBi/S). Even copying files
from PC to Perforce Server then from Perforce Server to File Server is under an
hour.
It’s possible we have not set it up correctly. Is there any advice or
suggestions to fix this? As it stands it’s simply too slow to use as a
solution.

Thanks
Steve

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5234-perforce-submit-speed