[p4] perforce prevents VS solution loading

p4rfong perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Mar 15 11:25:01 PDT 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'p4rfong'.

We do test our products, but we do not have enough information from you to
diagnose and fix the problem.  The problem could be on the server, the
network, or the hardware.  I do not doubt that you are having
problems, but I cannot help you without log files, your help running diagnostic
commands, and you trying various configurations.  The problem could be
on the Perforce server and not any client; we would see the problem in the
Perforce server logs and we would want to change server settings. If you set up
distributed versioning, you would be able connect to a personal server for fast
response times.

At a minimum, make sure you are using the latest versions of P4VS and P4V.

Perhaps it would be easier if we helped you out directly.  If you have
a support contract, contact Perforce support and we'll be able to help you
out.

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5153-perforce-prevents-vs-solution-loading