[p4] P4v launch mate-terminal

craigc perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Fri Mar 17 07:30:01 PDT 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'craigc'.

Thank you @p4rfong. I have created a simple bash script named
"openterm" to launch mate-terminal and verified that it works when run
from another terminal.

#!/usr/bin/env bash cd $1 mate-terminal
Then in Manage Custom Tools, I added the script as "OpenTerminal". The
"application" field points to my script and the argument is %f.
I checked "Add to applicable context menus".

The script shows up under the tools menu, but it does not show up in the
right-click context menu.

When I run it from Tools, nothing happens.

I also tried "prompt user for arguments" to see if I could enter the
path, but it still doesn't launch a terminal.

How do I get "OpenTerminal" to show up in the context menu when I
right-click on a folder?
What am I doing wrong in the script or the setup that keeps P4V from actually
launching the terminal?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5213-p4v-launch-mate-terminal