[p4] p4v.app and macOS 10.12 launch issues

Matt Janulewicz perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Mar 22 11:15:01 PDT 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'Matt Janulewicz'.

Nope, not necessarily. P4V doesn't get its initial launch settings from the
commandline. In a shell it's going to be environment variables or P4CONFIG
files that determine settings, by default I think P4V uses the settings from the
previous connection.

I feel like I've never run into this with 'vanilla' perforce and a
different dialog comes up if you remove your workspace or workspace root and
launch P4V.

Confirmed. I just created a bogus non-DVCS workspace, set
Preferences->Connections to "Restore all previously opened
connections" and at launch it brings up a dialog that says "Workspace
'blah blah' does not exist." and gracefully loads a workspace I had
connected to previous to that. I'm wondering if the last workspace that was
connected was DVCS, maybe it doesn't have a graceful route to exit the error
condition.

One other idea might be to look in
~/Library/Preferences/com.perforce.p4v/ApplicationSettings.xml and ditch the
LastConnection and/or LastDvcsConnection settings. Maybe ...?

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5245-p4vapp-and-macos-1012-launch-issues