[p4] Installation p4 helix server

amitai perforce-user-forum at forums.perforce.com
Wed Mar 29 23:50:01 PDT 2017

Posted on behalf of forum user 'amitai'.

Hello,

I have followed this online guide, trying to install the Helix versioning
engine:
https://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/manuals/p4sag/chapter.install.html#install.windows

The process of the installation completed successfully, and 'p4s.exe'
does appear as a running process
in the task manager, so it seems that all files appear under the installed
folder -
C:\Program Files\Perforce\Server

Trying to access the server through the command line resulted in the message
that 'p4 is not recognized' for every command I tried, so I thought
maybe the p4v
should be installed in order to be able to access the server through the command
line,
but also after the p4v installation the same message of 'p4 is not
recognized' appears.

Besides that after installing the p4v I received a message of
'To run distributed version control (DVCS) capabilities in P4V, you should
uninstall the existing P4D instance and reinstall P4V. '
as appears in this article -    http://answers.perforce.com/articles/KB/15262
which made me more confused what is missing, and since my server root
doesn't include
any DVCS sign ,so I have uninstalled the p4v as suggested in the article and I
don't really need
it as an administrator, as far as I'm concerned.

I would be glad to know what am I missing out in order to set up my server
Thanks in advance,
Amitai

P.S.
I am using an admin. account at a windows server 2016 64 bit.
below is a capture of some of the command which I've tried:

  http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5265-installation-p4-helix-server